Carrigtwohill Ladies Football Newsletter Week 12 2017
Carrigtwohill Ladies Football Club is proudly supported by Fota Island Resort
Scór na bPaistí – 2017
Good luck to Scoil Chlochair Mhuire in the Cork County Scór Semi Finals next Sunday 25th of March starting @ 2pm in Eire Óg GAA Club (ovens).
Scoil Chlochair Mhuire are participating in the following categories:
- Rince Fóirne
- Rince Aonair
All support would be welcome.
Registration Disco: Friday 24th of March
There will be a registration disco on Friday 24th of March in Carrigtwohill Community Hall from from 6pm to 7:30 pm for all girls from U8 (girls born in 2010 upwards) to U14/16. Cover charge for the disco is €3.
Registration form can be access via the Carrigtwohill Ladies Web Site:
Carrigtwohill Ladies Football Gear
Carrigtwohill Ladies Football Gear can be order in the in the Carrigtwohill Community Hall from 6pm to 7:30 pm Costs are outline below. All orders require payment up front.
Please Click on the Website Link to access prices and gear pictures
Youth – 13 Years
- Jersey €24
- Shorts €9
- Socks €4.50
- Total. €37.50
Adults + VAT
- Jersey €28.80
- Shorts €10.80
- Socks €6
- Total. €45.60
- Fé 14 ECB League v Glanmire B Sun 26th March in Carrigtwohill.Time TBC
- Fé 12 ECB League v Inch Rovers, Sun 26th March
- U12 : Selectors will send out texts for training.
- U14: Selectors will send out texts for training.
- U16/Minor/U21/Juniors : Selectors will send out texts for training.
St Patrick’s Day Parade
Thanks to the Carrigtwohill St Patrick’s Day Committee for organising a brilliant day. Click on the photograph link that capture part of the parade.
East Cork Ladies Football ‘B’ League : Carrigtwohill 5-11 Lisgoold 2-2 Sun March 19th
Carrigtwohill U16’s Ladies finally got their season under way as they played their first game of the year against Lisgoold, in Carrigtwohill last Sunday 19th March at 1.30pm. Carrigtwohill got off to a flying start when Ciara Wilkinson put Carrigtwohill ahead with a brilliant goal just minutes into the game.
It took a little while for both Carrig and Lisgoold to settle down into the flow of the game but once the Carrigtwohill girls found their “shooting legs”, they quickly added to their score with fabulous points scored from all of our hard working forwards. Our back did not have too much to do in the first half but when called upon dealt with any treats very efficiently.
The first half score was Carrigtwohill 1-8 v. Lisgoold 0-0.
Carrigtwohill played up the hill in the second half and our girls had to work hard as Lisgoold seems to pull together and opened up their score with a fine goal. The Carrig girls responded well with goals of their own before Lisgoold was awarded a penalty. The Carrig goalie, Ala Dyczewska, who had a great game managed to get a foot behind the ball as it came flying at her but unfortunately it was too force full and managed to pass her, to give Lisgoold a goal.
The Carrig girls once again responded well and finished out the game with more excellent goals and points from a very hard work team of girls.
Final score Carrigtwohill 5-11 v. Lisgoold 2-2.
Carrigtwohill Team: A Dyczewska, D Igboanusi, M Kijanka, C Beamish, L Kenny, A Ngwa, C Walsh(0-1), L Horgan(0-4), M O’Riordan, K O’Riordan(1-2), C Wilkinson(1-0), L Buckley(1-3), U O’Brien(1-1), S O’Connor, C McCarthy(1-0)
Gaeltacht Scholarships (Post Primary school girls)
Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association are offering three Gaeltacht Scholarships to Post Primary school girls who will be attending an Irish college in the Gaeltacht in 2017. Applicants must currently be fully registered members of the Ladies Gaelic Football Association. Each Gaeltacht Scholarship is valued at €400.
All applications must be received by no later than 5pm on Friday, March 31st. Postal applications can be sent to Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association, Aras Mumhan, Castletroy, Limerick. Email applications can be sent to email@example.com
Gaeltacht Scholarship Rules
- Entry is open to any female attending Secondary School and travelling to a Gaeltacht School in 2017.
- Entrants must currently be members of the Ladies Gaelic Football Association. Current registration number must be included on the application form. Player registration number can be obtained from the club registrar.
- Completed application forms are to be returned to Munster Ladies Gaelic Football Association, Aras Mumhan, Castletroy, Limerick or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 31st at 5.00pm.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- There will be three Gaeltacht Scholarships awarded in 2017.
- Each Gaeltacht Scholarship is valued at €400 which will be paid in one full payment to the Gaeltacht School of the successful applicant’s choice.
- The Gaeltacht Scholarship will only be awarded to any female once over the period of its existence.
- The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into. The winners will be notified by letter.
- Evidence of enrolment to Gaeltacht School will be required prior to the Gaeltacht Scholarship being issued (Copy of receipt/confirmation will be accepted)
- All supporting material is sent at the owners’ risk. All due care will be taken to return the material to the owner but no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage.