Camogie Health & Wellbeing
Welcome to the Health and Well-being section of the Carrigtwohill Camogie Club website.
The World Health Organisation define health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”. The Well-being Institute at the University of Cambridge refers to well-being as “the positive and sustainable characteristics which enable individuals and organisations to thrive and flourish”. It is clear from these definitions that both health and well-being are interlinked, and it is appropriate to treat them as such.
There is strong evidence to support the multiple benefits of sport and physical activity. The Camogie Association recognises the great contribution it can make to enhance the health and well-being of our members. Physical activity has been proven to promote healthy growth and development in children and young people. It contributes to cognitive function. It is important for healthy ageing and helps to maintain quality of life and independence when we grow older. It is also a preventative factor for many diseases.
- Caring for Carrigtwohill Facebook page - Link Here
- Spunout - SpunOut.ie is Ireland’s youth information website created by young people, for young people.
- Jigsaw - The National Centre for Youth Mental Health. Jigsaw aim to ensure that no young person feels alone, isolated and disconnected from others around them.
- Bodywhys - The Eating Disorders Association of Ireland.
- BeLong To - BeLonG To Youth Services is the national organisation supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI+) young people in Ireland.